Sunday, November 9, 2014

Yo, Yosemite

 Before I get into talking about spectacular Yosemite, I must mention that last night we arrived at our final destination! Our house in the woods of Gainesville is a welcome retreat.

Obviously, I am behind on blogging, as exploring has taken priority. I will work on catching you all up over the next couple of weeks. When I finish telling you the story of our trip, I’m sure I will  have plenty to report as we settle into life in Florida.  

Now, onto Yosemite memories. What a pretty, pretty National Park. We didn’t have a whole lot of time, so we concentrated on the most popular section - Yosemite Valley. Yosemite is all about granite cliffs, waterfalls,  large Sequoia groves, diverse wildlife and great valleys. 

DSC_0550-1 (3) 

DSC_0552-1 (3)

Yosemite was alive with visitors. I think we camped in the middle of a family reunion. There were lots of kids running around and we fell asleep to singing and guitar playing around the campfire next door.

DSC_0565-1 (2)

Yet, we still found stillness on our hikes. A lot of standing in awe happened.

SAM_3866-1

DSC_0625-1 (3)

From what I can tell online, the bird pictured above is a Steller’s Jay. We saw a lot of these gorgeous birds during our time in California.

DSC_0638-1 (3)

DSC_0650-1

SAM_3873-1

We were so glad we got to hike to this waterfall. Waterfalls never get old.

DSC_0695-1

DSC_0693-1 (3)

DSC_0686-1 (2)

SAM_3877-1

DSC_0699-1

There was a nervous coyote (above) patrolling the parking lot as we left. We then took an awesome drive (below) out of the park.

DSC_0712-1 (3)

Thanks, Yosemite!

No comments:

Post a Comment