Tuesday, May 13, 2014



I'm thinking about spring and birth today.

I have a new family member! Oliver James, born to my cousin and her husband on Mother's Day. Of the Boisseau cousins, he is the first baby. I cannot wait to meet him. He looks absolutely perfect.


For the second year in a row, my dad has had baby birds hatch outside his front door. He has an old mailbox hanging out there for decoration and this one particular mama bird has chosen it as her nest. 
How amazing!


I got to go back to the Garfield Park Conservatory this morning to do some beekeeping volunteer work. It was a little chilly and threatening rain, so we didn't see many bees. But, we did a little working on frames, choosing and inspecting our volunteer shift's hive- named Gibraltar, and walking around the conservatory grounds to see what the bees have been interested in lately. 
 They seem to like to pollinate the Viburnum trees these days. These springtime trees are so lovely and fragrant - I can see why bees want to spend their day amid their blossoms.


Lots of new growth happening - in all different ways.


No comments:

Post a Comment