Friday, August 1, 2014

On his blog, my friend Michael just mentioned a prose poem, "The Life of a Day" by Tom Hennen. Naturally, I had to look it up. Here's part of it:
"We examine each day before us with barely a glance and say,
no, this isn't one I've been looking for, and wait in a bored 
sort of way for the next, when, we are convinced, our lives
will start for real. Meanwhile, this day is going by perfectly
well adjusted, as some days are, with the right amounts of 
sunlight and shade, and a light breeze perfumed from the 
mixture of fallen apples, corn stubble, dry oak leaves, and the
faint odor of last night's meandering skunk." 

Reading this is a big help, during this time of transition.


"Be here now," Cassius seems to remind me on a daily basis.

1 comment:

  1. I love that you looked up the poem! Isn't it wonderful. I am happy it helps. :)

    ReplyDelete