Wednesday, August 27, 2014

We also went to Bivens Arm with my mom and step-dad when we were in Gainesville. It was a lovely time.
I just glow around these people!

It's exciting to check out the different scenery down there. I'm excited to get to know the plants of Florida. I admired the Spanish moss and so much greenery while we were there.

We also explored the not-so-natural world of Universal Studios  on our trip. My former step-dad (and still important family member), Steve, works for them. It's always a lot of fun to go with him and hear his stories. 
When I was a kid, I went to the theme parks of Orlando with my mom and Steve for a week or so. All I wanted to do is hang out in the gift shops. They rode all the rides and I would only try one or two of the really tame ones - I remember riding the ET ride and liking it, but needing a big break afterwards.
I'm still scared (especially with the big roller coasters), but the difference is I'll actually get on the rides anyway. 

It's so much fun!
My favorite rides this time were the rather intense Hulk and fantastical original Harry Potter - though the ET ride was still strange and beautiful as well. 

There was also some amazing vegan food to be had in Orlando at Ethos Vegan Kitchen and Drunken Monkey Coffee Bar. Thanks, Steve!

Niall and I worked hard cleaning and organizing most of today. Whew. Tomorrow our two month cross-country adventure begins - with some time in Holland, MI and camping out in Grand Rapids!

No comments:

Post a Comment