Sunday, October 12, 2014

Pike Place Market

Naturally, my top must-visit destination in Seattle was Pike Place Market, which has been running since 1907. It was all that I expected and more - bustling with tourists and locals- eating, laughing, staring, shopping.
DSC_0635-1
DSC_0618-1 
DSC_0551-1
DSC_0561-1
We got a couple great cups of coffee down the street at Moore Coffee and a huge  chocolate chip cookie at Cinnamon Works, right on Pike Place. Cinnamon Works had so many vegan options, I had to walk around a little bit deciding what to get before I made my purchase.
DSC_0577-1
DSC_0587-1
Some talented musicians helped set the mood at the market.
DSC_0595-1
There were the famous flying fish guys, lots of fresh, bright produce, and artists selling their wares. It felt like a real community of vendors and shoppers.
DSC_0611-1
This artist (below) has been at the market since 1973. We bought a sweet Pike Place Market onesie he silkscreened  for our friends in Portland who are expecting a baby girl in January.
DSC_0614-1
DSC_0629-1
The flower bouquets were so big, beautiful, and inexpensive.
SAM_3651-1
The original Starbucks is there (behind Niall in the above photo). There was a huge line of people waiting for a cup of coffee. In this photo, Niall is remembering his long years of service to this company.
As we left, I said, “If I lived here, I would come to this market all the time.”
DSC_0621-1

1 comment: