Monday, December 15, 2014

Flagstaff

When I was a little girl, I went to Flagstaff, AZ with my mom and Steve. I remember lots of snow. As a girl from Texas, I didn’t know much about the stuff. I remember refusing to wear my ugly snow boots and, as a result, my toes turned to ice. I ended up in bed, watching cartoons instead of playing outside. Before heading in, I remember our black Lab Bob, so freaked out by the sledding, trying to do whatever he could to stop us from careening down the hill. He was such a good guy, that Bob.

SAM_4034-1

This time, Niall was feeling pretty under-the-weather and I was just getting over a cold myself, but trying to deny it.

We were getting worn out by our life on the road.

DSC_0296-1 

 However, we had a lovely lunch with our friends from Washington D.C. and we got out to see the aspen trees in all of their splendor. Flagstaff sure is the capitol of autumn,

DSC_0304-1 

DSC_0317-1 (4) 

DSC_0336-1

DSC_0348-1 (3)

We saw the sixth rainbow of the trip! What a honor to see the full arch. 

DSC_0355-1

DSC_0365-1

We were so relieved that we found a cheap hotel room. We took care of practical things – grocery shopping, oil changing, recovering.

No comments:

Post a Comment