Tuesday, December 9, 2014

More Grand Canyon Moments

DSC_0139-1 (3)

DSC_0145-1 (2)

DSC_0149-1 (2)

DSC_0153-1 (3)

DSC_0157-1

DSC_0161-1 (3)

DSC_0166-1 (2)

DSC_0169-1 (3)

DSC_0170-1 (3)

SAM_3999-1

DSC_0187-1

I have one big question as I look through these photographs:

What does this trip mean in my daily life now?

I believe it has had an enormous impact – in ways I don’t even know about yet.

What I have come up with so far is that the trip was a great lesson in staying present. It is so easy for me to get wrapped up in my plans, lists, and expectations. While we were traveling, it was so crucial to be in the moment.  We were swiftly moving and didn’t want to miss anything.  To be in the moment took constant practice. But, that’s how “regular” life is too. It’s moving rapidly and there’s such wonder to experience, but it’s so easy to miss it. I know I need constant reminders.

Like what John Lennon said, “Life is what happens when you are busy making other plans.”

It’s a struggle, but it brings such relief to simply be here, right now.

These photos, instead of causing me to long to be back on the road,  give me a peaceful pause in the day and remind me to breathe -right here, right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment