Saturday, July 5, 2014

I haven't talked with you much about Niall and my's recent anniversary trip to Michigan. It was fantastic. We left early - got Metropolis (the best!) coffee, Niall drove and I ate snacks the whole way. The open road makes my heart sing. 
On the way, we stopped for some duct tape. Our car has been falling apart a little bit (one day I went out to and there was a huge new dent on the bumper).  I was originally doubtful, but the tape really did the job for ol' Convie (our car got her name because her previous two people - my cousins Allison and Denise - called her Connie and Victoria, respectively).
We stayed at Wayne County Fairgrounds, because it is in between Ann Arbor and Detroit and we really wanted to visit both of those places. We were the only tent campers there, everyone else was in an RV (plus one semi-truck resting for the night).  Setting up camp didn't take too long, so we feel good about this routine that will be such a big part of our upcoming long trip.

I feel it's important to share here, as this is supposed to be a place to keep fond memories. There will be more shared tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment