Tuesday, July 1, 2014

To back up a little bit, as I mentioned almost two weeks ago, I recently went to a pollination festival at the lovely Tryon Farm in Michigan City, Indiana. One of the things this farm operates is the Tryon Farm Institute, which is an awesome non-profit all about education and the sustainable care of land and habitat diversity.
I went with my new sweet friend Callie, who I was excited to get to know better during this adventure.

We had the opportunity to wander and observe the bees in action, as well as sample and buy some honey. We stocked up on pollinator educational materials and went on an amazing, in-depth, exhausting native plant hike with some experts in Indiana natives. It was a really fun time, full of conversation and wonder, and I'm so glad we went. 
super inspiring poster about the powers of pollination

I dream of having a garden dedicated to the pollinators we rely upon

There were chickens!
and goats!
and more goats!
Of course, there were bees! I absolutely love the one in motion, above the frame

No comments:

Post a Comment