Thursday, July 3, 2014

My weekend was so very lovely. I went to the bees, cleaned up the garden, got some important things done, spent time with some great people, and listened to classical music outside in the park (huddled under an umbrella with Niall). 

A major highlight was making pie with my work friend Michael. He bakes something every week from his Good Housekeeping cookbook and writes about it here: http://makingamessofit.blogspot.com/. I had requested an invite to come over to his place to bake before my big departure. As mentioned here before, I'm quite fond of Michael and his blog. 
We set out to make a peach pie, but it turned into more of a tropical dessert. We added a mango and a bit of lime because we ran out of peaches and couldn't find the lemon juice - we ate our slices in the sweet park across the street from his apartment. It was heavenly. I had zoomed over with a head full of plans and figuring out how to fit everything in and I found peace when I arrived.
So good.
What a treat to see this butterfly!
Michael's downstairs neighbor has bees! He brought me to her interesting Styrofoam-like hive out back by a possible cherry tree. 
This yet-to-be-officially-named beauty kept us company, calling to the pigeons outside of the window with her trembling voice.

No comments:

Post a Comment