Saturday, July 19, 2014

Today marks the birthday of two incredibly strong and remarkable women in my life. They are very different - but,  are both healers, artists, and confidantes of mine. 
They both live in Gainesville and are doing beautiful things in  that community. 
One is my mama, Sunemaura. Here's a photo of us visiting the awesome Chicago Botanic Garden last year when she visited for my birthday:
She often makes me smile - I love how she looks at the world and has found so much peace. She is very wise.

The other is my dear friend, Corey. Here is us going to my prom, something like thirteen years ago:
Corey made these dresses for us. She's always been so creative, in so many ways. I'm so glad she's still big in my life.

These women inspire me on a regular basis - I am so grateful they were born.

No comments:

Post a Comment