Friday, March 14, 2014

I found this video about  making things on the website of one of my favorite radio programs, "On Being" 
It has given inspiration to my entire day. 

I spent the day on domestic chores indoors and then eagerly burst out to enjoy the spring air. 

Observations on my run just now: 
fat cheeks of babies peeking out of carrying cases strapped to their mothers' chests, round oranges piled on the other side of mini grocery glass, couple singing and guitar playing in the park while little ones play on swingset, game of soccer going strong in the schoolyard, hand-holding man and woman crossing street - in love, highschoolers making fun of each other, leather jacket wearing woman sitting on rocks on beach - writing fiercely, friends with to-go coffee cups busy chatting, man intently reading on lakefront facing away from wind with bike leaning against the park bench, plastic bags and leaves intermingling in a dance, the sky and water so blue,
the longing,
my hands and heart wanting something to do, 
a bit of remembering what they like doing. 


No comments:

Post a Comment