Sunday, March 2, 2014

My aunt Madeline passed away just after Thursday turned into Friday. It's hard to fathom this strong, loving,vibrant woman no longer being here. I will remember her singing. I will remember her blue mascaraed eyes, always with a twinkle in them. I will remember her sense of adventure, her seeking, and her hugs. Such a big part of processing this is looking at photos, sharing stories, and remembering.  

Such a beautiful lady-

This was at my uncle Jon's memorial in Cincinnati this past summer. My dad on far right with his siblings - his  deceased brothers Jon and Pat there in spirit.  

Here's Mad on Lake Michigan during my wedding weekend. 

Right now, I can't stand that I can't find a photo of just us together. I suppose that's not entirely true- I did find this one from my cousin Allison's wedding- 
I'll hold onto that right now.

UPDATE: Niall cropped this photo for me - how sweet...
Madeline was such a wonderful aunt. I'm so grateful she was mine.



No comments:

Post a Comment