Saturday, March 22, 2014

I like to think about the relationships we have to items we use everyday. This is my beloved stool, painted precisely with butterflies and flowers by my talented late grandmother. She gave it to me when I was a child (I have this vague memory that she had been painting stools for my younger cousins and thought I was a little old for it, but my dad thought otherwise and asked her to paint one for me). This stool lived at my dad's house for awhile and I was so excited when I got to take it to my first adult home. A stool is much needed for someone of my stature. I love that I get the chance to appreciate my grandma when I use it. Wayra (in case you need reminding, that's my friend's 4 year-old daughter and my honorary niece) loves to pull it over to wash dishes or brush her teeth when she stays over. 

Cassius also loves my stool- especially when he discovers treats waiting for him on it!

No comments:

Post a Comment